Let’s run down the list of men I’ve had the pleasure of meeting from OKC. None will be named.
- Three who I met once and never heard from again, one of whom I had a very unpleasant experience with and I will never engage in that particular activity.
- One who wanted me for literally nothing more than sex, one who I cut off, reconciled with months later, and was dumped by for being too nervous and twitchy.
- One who I had a one month long relationship with that he ended because he wanted to solely focus on school.
- One who I never met in person because it seemed there was never a good time, and arranging even one meet-up for a day was apparently complicated.
- Finally, one who I’ve been seeing regularly since March and still am. I’ll talk more about him later.
Now, I won’t pretend I didn’t get good times out of the ones in the middle. When the problems were aside for a while, I genuinely was glad to know them and have them in my life for the period of time they were. However, all of the above, with the exception of the last one, brings me to this conclusion: Dating sucks!
I would not repeat any of those experiences if I had the chance, but the upside of having them is I’ve learned a couple of things from each. Really, the unpleasant activity I mentioned probably had the strongest lesson, which was do not let your curiosity get the better of you! That’s literally the only reason I did it. Yes, stupid, I know.
I’m glad I waited until I was an adult to jump into this game, however. I really can’t say any of these are experiences I would’ve wanted to have when I was still in my teens, even if I was 16 or 17. While I don’t believe I would’ve been more easily influenced, I do believe they would’ve had a greater negative impact than they did. Not to mention I would’ve given up much sooner and probably wouldn’t have met who I’m with now due to age difference (18yrs w/ 16yrs = jail time!). Sure, I wouldn’t have known him, but since I do, I’m happy I stayed out of the game until later.